Perception

" We are all inside a bubble. It is a bubble into which we are placed at the moment of our birth. At first the bubble is open then it begins to close until it has sealed us in. That bubble is our perception and what we witness on its round walls is our own reflection." 'Don Juan ' Carlos Castaneda

Monday, October 28, 2013

a morning

Although it is not a cold morning,  it is dreary and overcast with a chilly wind,
the fire in my beautiful nickle plated wood cook stove is crackling away. Its beauty and fierce hum comforting to my melancholy, its warmth offering a sense of security  I do not feel. I want to write because I feel I could burst from a great pressure that surrounds and fills me. It is neither good nor bad.  I simply feel alone with the vastness of it. I feel disconnected and foreign to anyone I know, I always feel so hopeful when I meet new people, searching always for someone who can see me. Instead I am simply to different for them to remain interested, they simply back away slowly, make up some charge against me; I'm old, or a woman, or too masculine, 'after' their husband or wife, or not the right color for who I claim to be, I am seen as a threat in someway I can not fathom, or they perceive the space around me that they can not fathom. They write me off as a braggart, fabricating stories and experiences that only happen to other people. Some times when I am feeling very lonely and outcast I wish that was true, but when I am with myself in my warm little house I am thankful I do not live in a small murky puddle of thinking. I am thankful for the vast ocean of memory and experiencing, of the dark light-less depths of despair and fear, and of the glittering rays of beauty and hope, from where I have raised, into the now in which I drift. Grateful for the sadness that gives me weight, and for the glittering light that buoys me with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment